How to Choose a LASIK Doctor
The key to an amazing LASIK outcome lies in the provider – we’ve done the research for you so all you have to do is click on your state. Choosing a LASIK doctor with proven results has never been easier. For peace of mind and to make sure you are fully informed before your procedure, we’ve compiled a list of questions that may help make your LASIK decision easier. If you are not completely comfortable with the surgeon and staff after your initial consultation, we suggest visiting a few providers to choose the LASIK surgeon that is right for you.
Questions to Ask the LASIK Doctor:
- What kind of laser do you use?
- How often is your laser calibrated?
(The Laser should be recalibrated at least every 4th use)
- What kind of microkeratome do you use?
- How often is the microkeratome incisor changed?
(A new incisor should be used for every patient)
- What financing options do you offer?
- Are pre and post op visits included in the cost?
- How many post op visits are included in the cost?
- Are additional post op visits for emergencies free?
- How many LASIK procedures have you performed?
- What other state-of-the-art equipment do you use?
- What kind of results can I expect from LASIK?
- What kind of results have past patients had?
- Do you have patient testimonials available?
- What is your background and training experience?
- How long have you been performing LASIK?
- Do you offer Custom LASIK?
Some of these procedures and terms may seem confusing to you. If you feel as though you need more information on these laser vision correction procedures, or still have questions about choosing a LASIK surgeon, we encourage you to explore the directory's in-depth pages for more information. Here are a few good starting places:
- Request LASIK Surgeon Information Our contact form allows you to specify the information you're looking for.
- Laser Eye/Vision Correction Procedure Information Learn the details of different kinds of laser vision correction - the procedure you have in mind may not be the best option for you.
- Comparison Charts Do a side-by-side comparison of different LASIK procedures - plainly identifies the different benefits and potential complications of various procedures.